Release candidate for Cython 0.21.1
Stefan Behnel
2014-10-15 05:58:37 UTC
Hi everyone,

I uploaded a candidate for a 0.21.1 bug fix release.

http://cython.org/release/Cython-0.21.1pre.tar.gz

It adds a few minor new features and some bug fixes and corrections. Please
give it a quick try, especially if you reported problems that this release
should fix. I had to manually select changes from the master branch, so I
hope I didn't forget anything.

Stefan

Features added
--------------

* New ``cythonize`` option ``-a`` to generate the annotated HTML source
view.

* Missing C-API declarations in ``cpython.unicode`` were added.

* Passing ``language='c++'`` into cythonize() globally enables C++ mode for
all modules that were not passed as Extension objects (i.e. only source
files and file patterns).

* ``Py_hash_t`` is a known type (used in CPython for hash values).

* ``PySlice_*()`` C-API functions are available from the ``cpython.slice``
module.

* Allow arrays of C++ classes.

Bugs fixed
----------

* Reference leak for non-simple Python expressions in boolean and/or
expressions.

* To fix a name collision and to reflect availability on host platforms,
standard C declarations [ clock(), time(), struct tm and tm* functions ]
were moved from posix/time.pxd to a new libc/time.pxd. Patch by Charles
Blake.

* Rerunning unmodified modules in IPython's cython support failed.
Patch by Matthias Bussonier.

* Casting C++ ``std::string`` to Python byte strings failed when
auto-decoding was enabled.

* Fatal exceptions in global module init code could lead to crashes
if the already created module was used later on (e.g. through a
stale reference in sys.modules or elsewhere).

Other changes
Yaroslav Halchenko
2014-10-17 05:18:00 UTC
Sender: "cython-devel"
<cython-devel-bounces+gcpc-cython-dev-2=m.gmane.org-+ZN9ApsXKcEdnm+***@public.gmane.org>

FWIW -- uploaded to Debian sid.
0.21.0 experienced some issues during tests on some exotic platforms but
probably not due to cython's issues (tried manually on sparc -- built
fine):
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=cython&suite=unstable

Cheers and thanks for keeping Cython going strong!
Post by Stefan Behnel
[...]
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org
Research Scientist, Psychological and Brain Sciences Dept.
Phone: +1 (603) 646-9834 Fax: +1 (603) 646-1419
WWW: http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik