[Cython] Test/example for cpdef enum
Ian Bell
2014-08-02 10:56:46 UTC
Are there any tests/docs/examples showing how to use the cpdef enum? This
is a feature I have been looking for for a long time and I am hoping to use
it very soon in my own project.

I have a windows box that I can run the alpha test suite on with the full
complement of python versions. Let me know if there is interest and I can
run the tests. Alternatively, if you are still doing a buildbot (the link
at https://github.com/cython/cython/wiki/HackerGuide#buildbot is broken) ,
we could configure a nightly slave to run the tests.
Robert Bradshaw
2014-08-02 17:08:55 UTC
https://github.com/cython/cython/blob/master/tests/run/cpdef_enums.pyx
https://github.com/cython/cython/blob/master/tests/run/cpdef_enums.pxd
Post by Ian Bell
I have a windows box that I can run the alpha test suite on with the full
complement of python versions. Let me know if there is interest and I can
run the tests. Alternatively, if you are still doing a buildbot (the link
at https://github.com/cython/cython/wiki/HackerGuide#buildbot is broken) ,
we could configure a nightly slave to run the tests.
That would be nice; windows is woefully undertested for Cython.

- Robert
Matthew Brett
2014-08-02 17:42:07 UTC
date: Sat, Aug 02 10:08 AM -07:00 2014
subject: Re: [Cython] Test/example for cpdef enum
Post by Ian Bell
I have a windows box that I can run the alpha test suite on with the full
complement of python versions. Let me know if there is interest and I can
run the tests. Alternatively, if you are still doing a buildbot (the link
at https://github.com/cython/cython/wiki/HackerGuide#buildbot is broken) ,
we could configure a nightly slave to run the tests.
That would be nice; windows is woefully undertested for Cython.
Another big 'that would be nice' from me.

We (the berkeley / nipy team) have a buildbot set up you could hook into
if you need one. The configuration is all on github at
https://github.com/nipy/nibotmi , and you are welcome to access to the
build master to play with configuration if you'd like.

Cheers,

Matthew

Sent from Vmail
Ian Bell
2014-08-04 23:11:52 UTC
Post by Ian Bell
date: Sat, Aug 02 10:08 AM -07:00 2014
to: Core developer mailing list of the Cython compiler <
reply-to: Core developer mailing list of the Cython compiler <
Post by Ian Bell
we could configure a nightly slave to run the tests.
That would be nice; windows is woefully undertested for Cython.
Another big 'that would be nice' from me.
We (the berkeley / nipy team) have a buildbot set up you could hook into
if you need one. The configuration is all on github at
https://github.com/nipy/nibotmi , and you are welcome to access to the
build master to play with configuration if you'd like.
Can you set me up a nightly build (once per 24 hours) and we can then
iterate on getting things functional on my box to the level that is
needed. I use anaconda for instance which might cause issues - I briefly
saw you use virtualenv.

Ian
Post by Ian Bell
Cheers,
Matthew
--
Sent from Vmail
Matthew Brett
2014-08-04 23:16:50 UTC
Sender: "cython-devel"
<cython-devel-bounces+gcpc-cython-dev-2=m.gmane.org-+ZN9ApsXKcEdnm+***@public.gmane.org>

Hi,
Post by Ian Bell
[...]
Yes, the classes I wrote to make making a build factor a little more
automated use virtualenvs; if you don't want to use those classes, you
can use the bare-metal buildbot build steps with Ananconda on the
slave. But - do you need Anaconda to set up a Cython build test?
Maybe you can use virtualenv with the Anaconda Python?

Cheers,

Matthew
Ian Bell
2014-08-04 23:19:53 UTC
Post by Robert Bradshaw
Hi,
Post by Ian Bell
Post by Ian Bell
Post by Ian Bell
Post by Ian Bell
virtualenv.
Yes, the classes I wrote to make making a build factor a little more
automated use virtualenvs; if you don't want to use those classes, you
can use the bare-metal buildbot build steps with Ananconda on the
slave. But - do you need Anaconda to set up a Cython build test?
Maybe you can use virtualenv with the Anaconda Python?
So far as I can tell, anaconda and virtualenv don't play too well
together. Which is too bad, because I recall having some issues with
something (buildbot?) not running happily in an anaconda env
Post by Robert Bradshaw
Cheers,
Matthew
Matthew Brett
2014-08-04 23:28:58 UTC
Post by Matthew Brett
Hi,
Post by Ian Bell
[...]
Maybe it's worth giving it a shot and see if problems arise?

Am I right in thinking you can install Python.org Python alongside
Anaconda? Maybe you could do that?

Cheers,

Matthew
Ian Bell
2014-08-04 23:41:45 UTC
Post by Ian Bell
Post by Robert Bradshaw
Post by Matthew Brett
Hi,
On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 7:42 PM, Matthew Brett <
On Sat, Aug 02, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Robert Bradshaw <
Post by Robert Bradshaw
Post by Robert Bradshaw
Post by Robert Bradshaw
Post by Robert Bradshaw
Post by Robert Bradshaw
Post by Robert Bradshaw
Which is too bad, because I recall having some issues with something
(buildbot?) not running happily in an anaconda env
Maybe it's worth giving it a shot and see if problems arise?
Am I right in thinking you can install Python.org Python alongside
Anaconda? Maybe you could do that?
That's right - my current config has two minicondas (32/64 bit) defaulting
to py27 along with python.org 27 32 bit which I need to keep around due to
the delicate interdependencies of wxpython, python, and cx_freeze for a
couple of my projects

Cheers,
Post by Ian Bell
Matthew
Ian Bell
2014-08-04 23:14:03 UTC
Post by Ian Bell
it very soon in my own project.
https://github.com/cython/cython/blob/master/tests/run/cpdef_enums.pyx
https://github.com/cython/cython/blob/master/tests/run/cpdef_enums.pxd
I see. Stupidly I had thought that it would be automatic in the sense that
you don't have to manually declare which parameters will be output in the
python module. Evidently that is not the case, which I guess is ok. I had
hoped to avoid my script which parses my header and make a constants
module. It works fine, its not the prettiest, but I guess I won't be
saying goodbye to it any time soon.
Robert Bradshaw
Yeah, we don't have anything that looks at the actual .h/.c files yet.
Ian Bell
2014-08-05 16:15:44 UTC
Post by Ian Bell
Post by Ian Bell
Post by Ian Bell
Post by Ian Bell
to it any time soon.
Yeah, we don't have anything that looks at the actual .h/.c files yet.
Too bad - I guess that's why projects like xdress/SWIG exist - though for
the life of me I can't get xdress to work at all. SWIG is great, but not
so much from the standpoint of interfacing with other cython code.